A healthy 3-year-old boy presented with a 2-weeks history of a well-circumscribed, distruction at the proximal nail fold of his two fingers. He polished his two nails with “print correction liquid" imitating his mother's nail polishing. Then his mother brushed it with a tooth brush.
The patient was asymptomatic, and his physical examination was unremarkable. No treatment was required, and follow-up for two months later showed complete resolution and regrowth of a healthy nail .
There is a warning on the package indicating that print correction fluid is flammeable and toxic. How ever no warning exists on the package “to keep it from the children". This case may be a beginning for to have a warning information on the package.
("Journal of Pediatric Research" 2015 March)